Adding and Subtracting Fractions Game Show | 5th Grade Math Test Prep Activity
Review Adding and Subtracting Fractions in a fun and interactive way that involves your whole class. This engaging game show plays like Jeopardy® and covers 5th grade math skills, including adding and subtracting fractions, adding and subtracting mixed numbers, and subtracting with regrouping. Perfect for an end of year or end of unit review.
⭐ GET THE 5TH GRADE REVIEW BOWL BUNDLE & SAVE ⭐
REVIEW BOWL GAME FEATURES
- Clickable, Jeopardy-style game board that fades values that have been chosen (only the PowerPoint version fades values)
- 5 game categories with 5 questions in each + a final challenge question, giving you 26 questions total
- Each question has a separate linked answer slide
- Navigation buttons on every slide that will take you to the answer slide or game board
CATEGORIES INCLUDED IN THIS GAME
- Add Fractions
- Subtract Fractions
- Add Mixed Numbers
- Subtract Mixed Numbers
- Subtracting with Regrouping
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES
- Gameplay instructions
- Answer key for quick reference
- Printable team labels for keeping score
- PowerPoint game show
- Google Slides game show
WAYS TO PLAY REVIEW BOWL GAMES
- WHOLE-CLASS: Split students into teams. During each round, a student from each team goes into the "hot seat" to compete for their team. All students need whiteboards to solve during the game.
- VIRTUAL LEARNING: Screen share with your students during a virtual meeting for an interactive whole-class activity.
- SMALL GROUPS/CENTERS: Set up the game on a computer for students to play against each other.
INCLUDED FILE FORMATS
- PDF: This resource requires Adobe Reader (free software). The contents may not show correctly if using other PDF software.
- PowerPoint: This resource requires PowerPoint software installed on a PC or Mac. If you do not have PowerPoint, you can use the Google Slides version.
- Google Slides: To access the Google Slides version, you need to have a (free) Google account. The included PDF contains a link to access the digital resource.
⚠️ This resource is NOT editable. You will NOT be able to change any of the questions in the game.
TRY A 5TH GRADE REVIEW BOWL GAME FOR FREE!
⭐ Download the Fractions as Division Game Show to try a Review Bowl with your class for FREE. I promise they'll LOVE it and beg for more!
Please ask ALL questions before purchasing.
© The Learning Effect, LLC | Tiffany Schmidt
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses at a discounted rate for additional users.
Intended for classroom and personal use only.