Teaching about adjectives doesn’t have to be boring! This student-centered mini-unit has students analyze restaurant menus, learn about adjectives, create their own menu, and critique another group's menu. This hands-on activity will have your students engaged each day of the mini-unit.
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES
- Instructions for the teacher
- Links to printable restaurant menus
- Example list of adjectives
- Student critique rubric
- Grading rubric for the teacher
SUGGESTED TEACHING TIMELINE
- Day 1: The Importance of Adjectives
- Day 2: What’s Cooking?
- Day 3 and 4: If You Build It, They Will Come
- Day 5: Would You Like Fries With That?
- Sample restaurant menus
- Paper for each group to create their menu
- Coloring tools (crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc.)
*Please note: Sample menus are not included due to copyright laws. I have included links to printable restaurant menus I've found online for your quick reference. You can download and print menus online or collect takeout menus from local restaurants for this project.
- PDF: This resource requires Adobe Reader (free software) to access and is NOT editable in any way. You will not be able to manipulate the content inside.
Please ask ALL questions before purchasing.
Copyright © Tiffany Schmidt (The Learning Effect)
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses at a discounted rate for additional users.
Intended for classroom and personal use only.