Back to School Math Mystery Pixels Google Sheets | Review for 5th & 6th Grade
Keeping Back to School educational doesn't have to be a hassle! Students can digitally practice math skills in a fun, engaging way with mystery pixel art for Google Sheets™. As students answer each question correctly, part of the mystery picture is revealed, making this resource self-checking! The skills covered in this resource are a mix of 4th and 5th grade math standards review for 5th and 6th grade students.
There are 4 different solve and reveal activities included in this resource, along with answer keys. Each activity covers one of the topics listed below.
The questions included in this resource are from myresource, so both resources have the same content. Students can solve on paper worksheets and then input their answers into the Google Sheets™ file to reveal the mystery pixel picture if you want to skip the coloring portion but still have students self-check.
- 4 self-checking mystery pixel activities for Google Sheets™, aligned to 4th and 5th grade CCSS math standards
- 4th grade mixed review for 5th graders #1 (add and subtract whole numbers, converting customary measurement, area, perimeter, whole number place value, patterns, GCF, LCM)
- 4th grade mixed review for 5th graders #2 (multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, decimals, converting metric measurement)
- 5th grade mixed review #1 for 6th graders (decimals, converting metric measurement, order of operations, volume)
- 5th grade mixed review #2 for 6th graders (fractions, converting customary measurement)
- Answer keys
ABOUT GOOGLE SHEETS™
To use this resource you must be connected to the internet.
Google Sheets™ is best to use if your school has access to Google Apps for Education.
Google Sheets™ can easily be assigned with Google Classroom™.about assigning resources like this to your students with Google Classroom™.
You can also assign Google Sheets™ with other learning management systems. Please check with your LMS to see how to best assign Google Sheets™ to your students.
Students type their answers in each answer box. If they are correct, the box turns green and part of the mystery pixel picture is revealed. If they are incorrect, the box turns red and they can try again.
Please note: Google Sheets™ is a spreadsheet program. Therefore, the images are created with colors filling in table cells. The images are pixel art and therefore aren’t meant to be crystal clear images.
- PDF: This resource requires Adobe Reader (free software) to access and is NOT editable in any way. You will not be able to manipulate the content inside.
- Google Sheets™: To access the Google Sheets™ files, you need to have a (free) Google™ account. Once you purchase this resource, you will receive a PDF with a link for access to the digital resource. The link will prompt you to make a copy of the resource, which will add it to your Google Drive™.
Please ask ANY and ALL questions before purchasing.
Thank you so much!
The Learning Effect
Copyright © 2020 Tiffany Schmidt
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. If using with multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses at the discounted rate.