Create Your Own Board Game Project | Fun No Prep Activity | End of the Year
Unleash your students' creativity by having them create their own board game. This no-prep resource can be used in so many different ways - novel studies, test prep, enrichment, content review, or assessment - just to name a few.
Students don't just create any board game - they need components that go with typical board games, which is where the critical thinking aspect comes in. They will write instructions, create game pieces, write content questions, and try out each other's games to make sure they work. This is a project students will ask to do again!
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES
- 44 PDF pages (+ editable Google Slides file)
- Intro project Google Slides presentation to introduce the project and show examples of student-made board games
- Teacher information and instructions
- Suggested supply list
- Student project planning pages
- Printable templates for student use:
- Game cards
- Game money
- Game boards
- Game design and element shapes
- Rubrics (one for individual student grading, one for group grading)
- Editable rubrics (one for individual student grading, one for group grading)
- Board game rating sheets - for students to grade each other's board games
INCLUDED FILE FORMATS
- PDF: This resource requires Adobe Reader (free software). The contents may not show correctly if using other PDF software.
- Google Slides: To access the Google Slides version, you need to have a (free) Google account. The included PDF contains a link to access the digital resource.
Please ask ALL questions before purchasing.
© The Learning Effect, LLC | Tiffany Schmidt
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses at a discounted rate for additional users.
Intended for classroom and personal use only.