Create Your Own Board Game
Unleash your students' creativity by having them create their own board game. This resource can be used in so many different ways - novel studies, test prep, enrichment, content review, or assessment - just to name a few.
Students don't just create any board game - they need components that go with typical board games, which is where the critical thinking aspect comes in. They will write instructions, create game pieces, write content questions, and try out each other's games to make sure they work. This is a project students will ask to be able to do again!
- 40 pages in PowerPoint files
- 40 pages in Google Slides™ files
- Student overview PowerPoint presentation to introduce the project and show examples of student made board games
- Teacher information
- Suggested supply list
- Printable templates for student use:
- Game cards
- Game money
- Game boards
- Game design shapes
- Rubrics (one for individual student grading, one for group grading)
- Editable rubrics (one for individual student grading, one for group grading)
- Board game rating sheets - for students to grade each other's board games
- PowerPoint: This resource requires PowerPoint software installed on a PC or Mac to access. It has been tested with other presentation software.
- Mac Users: Fonts may not appear correctly in the file and may require you to download a font if you wish to use the one in the preview. Font information is provided in the file.
- Google Slides™: To access the Google Slides™ version, you need to have a (free) Google™ account. Once you purchase this resource, you will receive a PDF with a link for access to the digital resource. The link will prompt you to make a copy of the resource, which will add it to your Google Drive™.
Please ask ANY and ALL questions before purchasing. You can use the form below to send us a question.
Thank you so much!
The Learning Effect
Copyright © 2013 Tiffany Schmidt
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. If using with multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses at the discounted rate.