Figurative Language Game Show | ELA Test Prep Activity
Review Figurative Language in a fun and interactive way that involves your whole class. This engaging game show plays like Jeopardy® and covers similes, metaphors, personification, onomatopoeia, alliteration, hyperbole, and idioms. Perfect for an end of year or end of unit review for 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade.
⭐ GET THE BUNDLE & SAVE EVEN MORE ⭐
Save 25% by purchasing this resource in a bundle with three other grammar and figurative language resources
REVIEW BOWL GAME FEATURES
- Clickable, Jeopardy-style game board that fades values that have been chosen (only the PowerPoint version fades values)
- 5 game categories with 5 questions in each + a final challenge question, giving you 26 questions total
- Each question has a separate linked answer slide
- Navigation buttons on every slide that will take you to the answer slide or game board
CATEGORIES INCLUDED IN THIS GAME
- What Does It Mean?
- What Type?
- Mixed Bag
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES
- Gameplay instructions
- Answer key for quick reference
- Printable team labels for keeping score
- PowerPoint game show
- Google Slides™ game show
WAYS TO PLAY REVIEW BOWL GAMES
- WHOLE-CLASS: Split students into teams. During each round, a student from each team goes into the "hot seat" to compete for their team. All students need whiteboards to solve during the game.
- VIRTUAL LEARNING: Screen share with your students during a virtual meeting for an interactive whole-class activity.
- SMALL GROUPS/CENTERS: Set up the game on a computer for students to play against each other.
INCLUDED FILE FORMATS
- PDF: This resource requires Adobe Reader (free software).
- PowerPoint: This resource requires PowerPoint software installed on a PC or Mac to access. It has not been tested with other presentation software.
- Google Slides™: To access the Google Slides™ version, you need to have a (free) Google™ account. Once you purchase this resource, you will receive a PDF with a link to access the digital resource. The link will prompt you to make a copy of the resource, which will add it to your Google Drive™.
⚠️ This resource is NOT editable. You will NOT be able to change any of the questions in the game.
Please ask ALL questions before purchasing.
© The Learning Effect, LLC | Tiffany Schmidt
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses at a discounted rate for additional users.
Intended for classroom and personal use only.