Student Led Parent Teacher Conference Forms + Digital Portfolio BUNDLE
Your parent teacher conferences will never be the same once you try student led conferences. This bundle gives you editable printable and digital forms, templates, and more.
THIS BUNDLE INCLUDES
- Printable forms - 48 editable and customizable forms that take you from prep and planning to setting students up for success during their conference
- Digital student portfolio - 42 editable and customizable portfolio page templates for your students to hold a well-rounded, meaningful conference digitally at school or at home
- Digital Google Forms™ - 5 paperless forms to gather questions from parents before conferences, have your students fill out a self-evaluation, and receive post-conference feedback from students and parents
- Student led conferences guide
- Editing guides for the printable forms and digital portfolio
WHY STUDENT LED CONFERENCES?
Student led conferences are something that I am very passionate about in upper elementary! They increase parent involvement in a child’s education, empower students, give students high accountability, and are useful for all involved parties – even those students who are doing so well that you feel like there’s nothing to have a conference for.
Students run their conferences and are actively involved in the entire process. They create goals, review their grades with their guest, show off work they are proud of, and take accountability for incomplete assignments or other areas they may need to improve.
The teacher is a support in the conference and answers questions, clarifies data, gives positive and constructive feedback, and encourages parental involvement in the student led conference process.
Student led conferences are easy to prepare for and will change how you hold conferences in your classroom.
WHAT TEACHERS LIKE YOU HAVE SAID
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Michelle H. "This is great and very adaptable. I am so interested in student-led conferences and this is a great starting point. It provides step-by-step information on exactly how to run student-led conferences. This can even be adapted to traditional parent-teacher conferences. Thank you!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Marilena K. "... There are so many reasons that I am so pleased with this resource! (I have only used the Digital Portfolio, not the printable portfolio, or questionnaires). First, it is clearly made by someone who knows how to use Google Slides. It is excellent "right out of the box", but Tiffany also included so many options and it is COMPLETELY EDITABLE (plus she explained how to switch options and edit easily by going into the master view). Second, it has all the reflection questions you might need, written in student friendly language, that would be suitable for a range of grade levels, plus lots of additional suggestions (and options to add your own...did I mention that it is COMPLETELY EDITABLE?). Finally, it is a really clean, professional and timeless design. … The students filled it in easily. This is probably one of the most well designed Google Slides based products I've ever purchased...and makes me want to learn how to use Google Slides this well! ..."
LOOKING FOR MORE DETAILS ON EACH OF THE RESOURCES INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE? CHECK OUT THE INFORMATION BELOW!
➊ STUDENT LED CONFERENCE PRINTABLE FORMS | EDITABLE
- Editable PowerPoint, Google Slides™, and Google Forms™ files
- Editing and formatting instructions for PowerPoint, Google Slides™, and Google Forms™
- Student led conferences guide
- Parent email example
- Printable form templates for:
- Planning checklist & worksheets
- Pre-conference questionnaire (Google Form™ also included)
- Conference reminder note
- Self-evaluation (Google Form™ also included)
- Student led conference script/checklist for students
- Conference report
- Student reflection
- What we’re learning & what I’ve learned this year
- Student goals, goal setting ideas, & goal pennants
- Parent & teacher discussion points
- How parents & teachers can support a student
- Ways to help your child at home
- Questions I have/my parent has
- “Conference in session” sign
- Full-page & half-page blank templates
- Post-conference questionnaire for parents & students (only available as a Google Form™)
⚠️ This resource includes templates for you to customize with what you want your student led conferences to include. Ideas/sample content has been given on some template pages so that you can see how I ran mine in 5th grade. All content (except the page titles and clipart) on the templates is editable. All pages are black and white, saving you ink and allowing you to print on colored paper.
➋ STUDENT LED CONFERENCES PORTFOLIO GOOGLE SLIDES | EDITABLE
- Editable a Google Slides™ Portfolio file, with pages/templates for:
- Covers – 10 options
- Student led conference script/checklist for students – 3 options with moveable checkmarks
- Self-evaluation – 3 options + additional ideas with moveable Xs
- Conference report – 4 options + additional ideas
- Work samples – blank page with title for adding student work
- What we're learning – 2 options
- Student reflection – 5 options with moveable emojis
- Student goals – 3 options
- Goal setting ideas – 2 options
- Ways your teacher & parents can support you
- Ways my parents can help me at home
- Discussion points for parents
- Questions I have/my parents have – 2 options
- Blank page – create your own pages
- *IMPORTANT - Please read Editing in Google Slides™ on page 13 of the PDF for how to access and edit ALL template pages. A video tutorial is also included.*
- Editable Google Forms™ for the following:
- Pre-conference parent questionnaire
- Student self-evaluation
- Post-conference parent questionnaire
- Post-conference student questionnaire
- Editing & formatting instructions + video tutorial for editing the portfolio
- Printable student led conferences overview, planning checklist & worksheets, & teacher discussion points
- Parent email example (editable Google Docs™)
⚠️ This resource is best used with Google Classroom or other LMS that allows you to distribute a file to students so they each get their own copy.
⚠️ This is NOT a ready-to-go resource. It includes Google Slides™ templates for you to customize. You do need to take the time to edit the templates and make them work for your classroom. (It's impossible for me to create something that works for every teacher and that you can "out of the box" immediately, which is why this resource is created as templates.)
⚠️ What you see in the images and preview is what is included in the templates, and ideas have been given on some template pages so that you can see how I ran mine in 5th grade. All content (except the page titles and clipart) on the templates is editable.
⚠️ The portfolio is in color since it is meant to be used digitally and not printed.
INCLUDED FILE FORMATS
- PDF: This resource requires Adobe Reader (free software).
- PowerPoint: This resource requires PowerPoint software installed on a PC or Mac to access. It has not been tested with other presentation software.
- Google Slides™ + Google Forms™: To access the Google files, you need to have a (free) Google™ account. Once you purchase this resource, you will receive a PDF with a link to access the digital resources. The links will prompt you to make a copy of the files, which will add them to your Google Drive™.
Please ask ALL questions before purchasing.
© The Learning Effect, LLC | Tiffany Schmidt
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses at a discounted rate for additional users.
Intended for classroom and personal use only.