The Westing Game Novel Study | Print and Digital Google Slides
5th and 6th graders will love reading The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. Use this detective notebook and final project choice menu to increase the engagement of your novel study! Students will study the characters and attempt to solve the mystery using their observations and personal inferences. This resource also includes a final project, which gives students a differentiated choice menu to choose their own project based assignment.
- Detective notebook cover
- Character names to cut out and have students draw
- Character assignments for character study
- Graphic organizers for student note taking, including:
- Characters (for students to write character traits of each character)
- Partners and clues received
- Observations and inferences (for students to write observations and inferences about the text)
- Questions I have and answers to my questions
- Final project choice menu - 3 options
- Choose your project(s) to add up to 100 points
- Choose your project(s) to add up to 50 points
- List of projects without point values
- Final project grading rubric - 3 options
- Grading out of 100 points
- Grading out of 50 points
- Grading with standards-based grading scale (4, 3, 2, 1)
- Examples of student projects
- Google Slides™ version of student detective notebook, final project menus, and grading rubrics - perfect for assigning through Google Classroom™ for your novel study while distance learning
- PDF: This resource requires Adobe Reader (free software) to access and is editable in any way. You will not be able to manipulate the content inside.
- Google Slides™: To access the Google Slides™ version, you need to have a (free) Google™ account. Once you purchase this resource, you will receive a PDF with a link for access to the digital resource. The link will prompt you to make a copy of the resource, which will add it to your Google Drive™.
Please ask ANY and ALL questions before purchasing.
Thank you so much!
The Learning Effect
Copyright © 2015 Tiffany Schmidt
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. If using with multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses at the discounted rate.