Volume and Surface Area Game Show | 6th Grade Math Test Prep Activity
Review Volume and Surface Area in a fun and interactive way that involves your whole class. This engaging game show plays like Jeopardy® and covers 6th grade math skills, including volume, surface area of rectangular prisms, surface area of triangular prisms, surface area of pyramids, and word problems. Perfect for an end of year or end of unit review.
⭐ GET THE 6TH GRADE REVIEW BOWL BUNDLE & SAVE ⭐
Save 25% by purchasing this resource in a bundle with 18 game shows covering all 6th grade standardsThe questions used in this resource are also available in these formats:
REVIEW BOWL GAME FEATURES
- Clickable, Jeopardy-style game board that fades values that have been chosen (only the PowerPoint version fades values)
- 5 game categories with 5 questions in each + a final challenge question, giving you 26 questions total
- Each question has a separate linked answer slide
- Navigation buttons on every slide that will take you to the answer slide or game board
CATEGORIES INCLUDED IN THIS GAME
Surface Area of Rectangular Prisms
Surface Area of Triangular Prisms
Surface Area of Pyramids
THIS RESOURCE INCLUDES
- Gameplay instructions
- Answer key for quick reference
- Printable team labels for keeping score
- PowerPoint game show
- Google Slides™ game show
WAYS TO PLAY REVIEW BOWL GAMES
- WHOLE-CLASS: Split students into teams. During each round, a student from each team goes into the "hot seat" to compete for their team. All students need whiteboards to solve during the game.
- VIRTUAL LEARNING: Screen share with your students during a virtual meeting for an interactive whole-class activity.
- SMALL GROUPS/CENTERS: Set up the game on a computer for students to play against each other.
INCLUDED FILE FORMATS
- PDF: This resource requires Adobe Reader (free software).
- PowerPoint: This resource requires PowerPoint software installed on a PC or Mac to access. It has not been tested with other presentation software.
- Google Slides™: To access the Google Slides™ version, you need to have a (free) Google™ account. Once you download this resource, you will receive a PDF with a link to access the digital resource. The link will prompt you to make a copy of the resource, which will add it to your Google Drive™.
⚠️ This resource is NOT editable. You will NOT be able to change any of the questions in the game.
TRY A 6TH GRADE REVIEW BOWL GAME FOR FREE!
⭐ Download the Area Game Show to try a Review Bowl with your class for FREE. I promise they'll LOVE it and beg for more!
Please ask ALL questions before purchasing.
© The Learning Effect, LLC | Tiffany Schmidt
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Intended for classroom and personal use only.