Each year, the struggle is real with multiplication. It doesn’t matter if I’m teaching 4th, 5th, or 6th – my students seem to need more practice, new ways of learning, resources for repetition, etc. After 5 years in the upper grades, I’ve compiled a list of resources for multiplication.
I’ve used all of the following resources, videos, books, etc. in my own classroom.
- Multiplying Whole Numbers: Ideas for 4th and 5th Grade | Tarheelstate Teacher
- 5 Multiplication Models You Should Teach | Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher
- 10 Fun Ways to Teach Arrays | Math Geek Mama
- Multiplication Facts Activities: Number Sense Intervention Tasks | Tarheelstate Teacher
- Presenting Multiplication Strategies | The Owl Teacher
- Routines for Developing Number Sense and Multiplication Fact Fluency | Tarheelstate Teacher
- Strategies for Teaching Multi-Digit Multiplication | The Owl Teacher
First of all, I like to use Safe YouTube to link to all of the videos I use in my classroom. It ensures I don’t have any ads popping up before or during the video I’m showing – and it takes away the comments and other videos that come up on the sidebar.
- Turtlehead Multiplication via Teacher Tube
- Multi-Digit Multiplication Part 1 by Math Antics via YouTube
- Multi-Digit Multiplication Part 2 by Math Antics via YouTube
- Basic Multiplication by Khan Academy via YouTube
- 2-Digit by 2-Digit Multiplication by Khan Academy via YouTube
- Multiplication Raps by Flocabulary (subscription site)
- Multiplication by BrainPOP (subscription site)
- Multiplication by StudyJams
Books on Amazon
- 7 x 9 = Trouble by Claudia Mills
- 2 x 2 = Boo: A Set of Spooky Multiplication Stories by Loreen Leedy
- The Best of Times by Gregory Tang
- Multiplying Menace: The Revenge of Rumpelstiltskin by Pam Calvert
- Stacks of Trouble by Martha Brenner
* As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate links.
- Common Core Sheets
- Math Worksheets Land
- Dad’s Worksheets
- Worksheet Works
- K5 Learning
- Sushi Monster | iOS
- Math vs. Zombies | iOS – $4.99
- Mathmateer | iOS – $1.99
- Monster Math Classic | iOS
- Monster Math | iOS | Android
- Marble Math Multiplication | iOS
- Times Table Quiz | iOS
- Multiplication Flashcard Match | iOS | Android
- Multiplication Memorizer | Android
Student Practice Online
- Factors and Multiples Posters
- Multiplication Timed Tests | Fact Fluency
- Properties of Operations Posters
- Multiplication Bingo Game
- Understand Multiplication and Division Game Show | 4th Grade
- Multiply with One-Digit Numbers Game Show | 4th Grade
- Multiply with Two-Digit Numbers Game Show | 4th Grade
- Multiply by Whole Numbers Game Show | 5th Grade
- Fall Math Game for 5th Grade | Decimals, Multiplication, Division
- Winter Math Game for 5th Grade | Decimals, Multiplication, Division
- Back to School Math Mystery Pictures | Review for 5th & 6th Grade
- Fall Math Mystery Pictures | Decimal Place Value, Multiplication, Division
- Halloween Math Mystery Pictures | Multiplication, Division, Decimals
- Valentine Math Mystery Pictures | Multiplication, Division, Decimals, Fractions
Check out my Pinterest board for multiplication for even more resources!
Looking for fraction resources?
Visit my blog post that features 70+ Fraction Resources.
Links last updated 1/7/2020